February 18, 2009

FYI VIDEO - GLOBAL WARMING

The video is a series from Intelligence Squared. Wonderfully, one of the main goals of Intelligence Squared is persuassion. The motion the debate forum took on was "Major reductions in carbon emissions are not worth the money" This motion had a panel for and against. One of globes foremost figures on this topic, and for the motion, is Bjorn Lomborg- and one of my personal favorites.

This video series(14 video segments) is useful and compelling, believe me;)

P.S.
In the picture is myself on the left and Bjorn Lomborg. First, this is my life, seems wherever I go, I see every persons face, shape - however it works- my eyes pick people out of a crowd. To make a long story short; my lovely wife and I visited Italy and spent a few days in Rome cruising all there was to be seen. We went to the Rome Forum and continued to the Colosseum. I noticed a blonde haired man who stuck out a bit, walking towards me. Immediately I noticed it was Bjorn Lomborg; now this for me was the equivalent of when I was young and had the opportunity to meet Wayne Gretzky, very exciting and serendipitous. So, I stopped to ask him if he was Bjorn Lomborg(on these occasions,I've no shame) he replied "yes, what is your name?" He was incredibly nice and approachable. We talked for a few minutes, I asked if my wife could take a pic of us, and the rest is great history!

P.S.S. Even stranger, on this trip to Italy, I saw the actor Donald Sutherland sitting on his balcony playing Sudoku. Yes, I took a pic. Maybe I'll post it someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment